Dear visitors: Our exhibition will be open again from March 16, 2021. This also applies to our library. Due to the requirements of the current regulations of the state government and the city of Heidelberg regarding the Coronavirus, the visit is subject to restrictions depending on the 7-days incidence in Heidelberg. The following requirements apply:
- If the 7-days incidence is below 50, the visit to the exhibition is possible without prior notification under the applicable hygiene regulations (see below).
- If the 7-days incidence is above 50, the visit of the exhibition is only possible after pre-registration under the email address email@example.com. The rules on masking, spacing, and contact tracing also apply here. Please note that in order to channel registrations, the requested visit to the exhibition is only possible after a confirmation by us (via email). We recommend registration at least 24 hours before visiting. Please provide a phone number and the number of visitors when booking.
- If the 7-days incidence exceeds 100, our exhibition will be closed. Reopening is only possible if the incidence remains below 100 for five consecutive days.
Please check the City of Heidelberg website for the current 7-days incidence and associated restrictions prior to your visit.
We ask you to observe some basic hygiene rules and restrictions during your visit in order to protect against possible infection:
- Access restrictions: No one with recognizable symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 disease or any symptoms of the common cold may enter the exhibition building. Visitors who have returned from abroad within the last 14 days, have been in personal contact with returnees, or have had contact with an infected person are not permitted to enter the building.
- Checkroom: The use of the lockers and the checkroom will be discontinued until further notice. Bags and luggage must be carried by visitors during their stay in the exhibition building.
- Mask mandate: It is mandatory to wear a medical mouth-nose protection during the entire visit. Dispensers with disinfectant are available at the entrance.
- Contact Information: We are required by law to collect names as well as contact information during your visit. If you do not wish to provide your personal information, please refrain from visiting the exhibition.
- Minimum distance: A minimum distance of at least 1.5 meters must be maintained between visitors personnel. This applies for the entire duration of the visit to the exhibition.
- Group size: Visitor groups may only consist of persons from their own household and one other household. Group size is limited to 5 persons (with the exception of children under 14 years of age).
- Unfortunately, group tours and educational activities such as workshops are not available. Furthermore, all media booths in the exhibition are closed. For the same reason, we must also suspend the distribution of audio guides.
Visiting and using our library for external users is only possible in exceptional cases and on a limited basis after prior registration. Further information.
You can also visit our digital event program with readings and concerts on Facebook and YouTube.